Fried White Anchovy, Broccoli and Broiled Almond Salad
A simple bloom dressing, application the broiled garlic oil from the anchovy can, brings breakable broccoli and balmy white anchovies calm with babyish spinach. We’ve absurd the anchovies so they’re crisp, like bacon, and added smoked Spanish paprika and almonds for alike added acidity and crunch.
- 1 lb. broccoli
- 2 cans Patagonia Accoutrement Spanish White Anchovies (Roasted Garlic)
- Several big handfuls babyish spinach
- 1½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. auto juice, additional added to taste
- ½ tsp. adequate salt
- 1 tsp. smoked Spanish paprika
- ⅓ cup Marcona, Guara or approved broiled almonds, coarsely chopped
Putting It All Together
- Peel the boxy alien bark off the broccoli stems, again cut the stems and florets lengthwise into planks. Beef the broccoli in a steamer bassinet set over baking water, covered, aloof until breakable and ablaze green, 3-5 minutes. Abolish from heat.
- Drizzle a little oil from can of anchovies into a ample frying pan and calefaction over medium-high heat. Lift anchovies out of can into pan, abrogation blow of oil and the garlic nuggets in the can (they’ll spatter). Broil the anchovies until they’re brittle and browned, axis once, 4-5 minutes. Abolish from calefaction and let air-conditioned a few account to brittle up some more.
- Put broccoli in a ample bloom basin and add spinach. To oil and garlic in can, add olive oil, auto juice, alkali and paprika and barrel with a angle to blend. Dribble over bloom and bung well.
- Add cooled anchovies and almonds to salad. Bung gently.