White Anchovy Linguine with Broiled Breadcrumbs
This simple pasta recipe, abounding of acute Mediterranean flavors, makes a abundant weeknight banquet but additionally works as a capital advance for a party. If you appetite to adorned it up, add 2 tsp. of saffron accoutrement to the aloof pasta baptize afore bond it aback into the linguine, and use 1 tbsp. chopped marinated Calabrian chiles instead of the chile flakes.
- 3/4 lb. linguine, spaghetti, or bucatini (any continued pasta appearance will work)
- 6 oz. sourdough aliment or baguette
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cans Patagonia Accoutrement Spanish White Anchovies (Roasted Garlic)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Patagonia Accoutrement Aji Molido or added balmy red chile flakes
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. auto juice, additional added to taste
- Kosher alkali to taste
- ½ ample agglomeration flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup broiled ache nuts
Putting It All Together
- Cook linguine in a ample pot of well-salted baking water.
- While linguine boils, allotment the band off the aliment and save for article abroad (the band is harder to breach up into breadcrumbs). Cube the aliment and beating it in a aliment processor until it turns into small, furry crumbs. Acknowledgment the crumbs in 1 1/2 tbsp. oil in a average frying pan over average heat, active constantly, until they’re aureate brown. Accumulation on a bowl to brittle up and cool.
- Crack accessible the cans of anchovies. Cascade garlicky oil from both cans into pan, additional the blow of the olive oil. Add garlic and let broil for a second, followed by chile and auto zest.
- When linguine is done, beat out ½ cup affable water. Cesspool the pasta and put aback in the pot over low heat.
- Stir the acclimatized oil and the anchovies into the pasta forth with auto juice, 2/3 of parsley and the pasta affable water. Aftertaste and add added auto abstract and alkali if you like.
- Plate pasta alone or in one big confined dish. Top with broiled breadcrumbs, ache basics and the blow of the parsley.