Wild Apricot Spread
Laura Sievert, of Kenai, Alaska, catches and cans her own apricot and makes a abundant apricot dip—which she beatific to her sister, Jane Sievert, our photo editor actuality at Provisions. Jane added a few touches and submitted it for the Patagonia Accoutrement Aboriginal Anniversary Apricot Cook-Off several years ago. The sister act won the contest, and their compound is still one of the best accepted we’ve anytime published
- 1 (6 oz.) pack Patagonia Accoutrement Agrarian Sockeye Apricot with Auto Pepper OR 6 oz. pack Patagonia Provisions Black Pepper Agrarian Blush Apricot (reserve juices from pack), bark kept on if you like
- 1 (8 oz.) amalgamation Neufchatel cheese (find abutting to the chrism cheese in the grocery store)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 blooming onions (white and blooming parts), sliced, or 1 baby candied onion, chopped fine
- Big scattering parsley (regular and/or Italian), chopped fine
Putting It All Together
- Put apricot in a baby basin forth with bisected the juices from pack. Abandon actual juices. Breach up apricot into ample chunks.
- In a ample bowl, breach up Neufchatel with a fork. Add bisected the apricot and juices, the auto abstract and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, breaking apricot into shreds.
- With a elastic spatula, bend in blooming onions, parsley, and actual apricot with juices, bond acclaim to accumulate beyond apricot pieces complete for texture. Scrape into a confined basin and top with a little added parsley.
- Serve with broken aliment or crackers.